Mesures sanitaires (17.02.2022)
- Les mesures sanitaires sont supprimées: le certificat Covid et le port du masque ne sont plus requis pour l'accès aux ateliers.
- Les mesures de prévention restent recommandées: test de dépistage en cas de doute et désinfection des mains.
What is emotion management?
You often hear that intelligence is the key to efficiency and success, which is in fact a mistake! Emotional intelligence, i.e., the ability to identify one's emotions, communicate them, and modulate them according to the situations in which you find yourself is an essential skill to have to be successful and to maintain harmonious relationships with others. And the good news is that you can develop this skill thanks to methods that have been proven to help many people around the world.
Who is this workshop for?
Do you often feel overwhelmed by your emotions, unable to act, or find yourself doing things that you regret later? Do your emotions sometimes seem out of control and difficult to bear?
Then this workshop is for you! It will allow you to acquire skills to better cope with your emotions and manage them in a more effective and appropriate way in a well-meaning and supportive environment to encourage you to put into practice the tools we propose. Thanks to the methods taught in the group, your emotions will become your valuable allies in navigating your studies, your relationships with others, and your personal well-being.
This workshop is only for students (UNIGE, HES-SO Genève, and The Graduate Institute).
What skills will you develop?
- Knowledge about emotions and their function
- Practical knowledge about emotion management issues and how to deal with them
- The ability to identify emotional states in yourself and others
- Healthy emotional coping mechanisms
- The ability to embrace your emotional experiences
How does the workshop work?
The group is composed of a maximum of 10 participants and the workshop unfolds in 8 sessions of 1 hour and 30 minutes each. Each session begins with the presentation of a skill, followed by practical exercises during which the skill is practiced by participants. After each session, participants are given homework tasks to practice the skill learnt before the following session. The group is oriented towards practice and experimentation rather than just theoretical knowledge.
Sarah Robinson, Psychologist MSc FSP
- Dates: March 10, 17, 24, 31 + April 7, 28 + May 5, 19
- Time: Thursday, 18:15-19:45pm
- Language: English
- Location: Bd du Pont d'Arve 28, 5th floor, room 5-074
Price and conditions
- Students: 100 CHF
- The payment validates your registration. If you are unable to attend the workshop, no refund will be possible.
- Online registrations will take place from February 28 to March 8.
- The number of spots is limited. In the event of insufficient enrollment, the course will be canceled and you will receive a full refund.