The mentoring program of the Faculty of Medicine aims at providing guidance for basic scientists and clinician-scientists at important academic career steps, helping mentees to reach their goals with advice on issues such as research funding, group management, publication strategy, visibility, teaching competence, recruitment and mobility.
This site is designed to facilitate the formation of mentoring partnerships between junior mentees and more senior volunteer staff mentors.
- Assistant professors (PAST)
- Maîtres d'enseignement et de recherche (MER)
- Chef-fes de clinique scientifiques
- Internes scientifiques
- Holders of Swiss National Science Foundation Ambizione grants
- Holders of Swiss National Science Foundation Marie Heim-Vögtlin grants
- Recipients of the UNIGE “Boursières d'excellence”
- Recipients of others springboard grants toward independency
Mentees who have been invited to join the program can identify and choose a suitable mentor in the list of potential mentors given here. Mentees can also provide the names of existing or new mentors, outside of the list, by sending details to in the contact page.The partnership Mentee-Mentor must be formalized by completing the Mentee-Mentor registration.
The R2 commission (Commission de la relève et de la recherche) will review and validate new mentoring partnerships. This commission can also be consulted with specific questions via the contact page.
The Mentee-Mentor follow-up link enables partnerships to register meetings they have had and leave comments and notes for future meetings.
Finally, mentoring related links can be found here, to assist partnerships in identifying themes of discussion and the goals of their meetings.