Please note that in addition to these holidays, the university is closed between Christmas and New Year (the dates change annually).
Newly Hired at the University of Geneva?
Welcome to the University of Geneva!
We also recommend you attend the Human Resources welcome presentation organized each year for new collaborators. Keep a lookout for their email!
Finding Accommodation in Geneva:
The Welcome Center (link above) helps in finding housing for post-docs in Geneva. Additionally, housing available from previous postdocs/students leaving the university is advertised via the university mailing list.
- Standard of a flexible 40h/week for a full-time position.
The building hours are:
|Monday to Friday
|Sciences II and Sciences III
- 30 working days annual leave.
- You can also find here, the several official bank holidays:
Salary ranges for postdocs:
According to Swiss National Science Foundation (SNF) rule:
The following salary ranges are annual gross salaries, excluding social security contributions by the employer, calculated on a full -time basis.
Postdocs annual salary range from CHF 80,000 to 105,000.
For lower work -time percentages, the amounts must be reduced accordingly.
"Cahier des Charges"
- Each "cahier des charges" is to be defined and agreed personally with the supervisor and can be different from lab to lab.
- Post-Doctoral fellows at the Unige are expected to teach and/or give practicals for a certain percentage of their contract (usually 20-30%).
Mental Health and Wellbeing:
Postdoc life can be challenging and sometimes isolating and it is a shared experience. The association members are always available for support and would be happy to help. In addition, the university provides professional resources and more information can be found at the link: https://www.unige.ch/dife/en/health/psychological-counseling/
There are also additional helplines available: https://www.heart2heart.143.ch