Teaching & Learning
Managing your health and well‑being is a complex task, that requires you to take into account several dimensions: social, emotional, physical, academic, financial, etc. If you are experiencing difficulties in one or more of these areas, or if you have questions about how to manage your academic and social life in a broader sense, you can contact our coaching service.
This service is available for all students (bachelor, master, doctorate) of the University, the IHEID and the HES‑SO Geneva and was created to help you understand yourself better and improve your life as a student, thus increacing your well-being. Coaching is a personalised accompaniment designed to help you become aware of your environment, as well as your skills and resources. In this way, you can think more strategically, clarify and focus on your priorities, clearly determine your goal, develop step‑by‑step action plans and improve your self‑confidence. Coaching is suitable for anyone who wants to make personal, academic or professional progress.
NB: For psychological or psychiatric problems, we advise you to turn to our psychological services.
Why be coached?
- To be accompanied in the formulation and the steps to reach a SMART objective
- To evaluate your situation, take a step back, and understand on which aspects you can act
- To become aware of your qualities and areas for improvement, your resources and your environment
- To feel supported and increase your self-confidence
- To cultivate a "growth mindset"
- To find a good balance between your student life and your personal life
- To take control of your life with more autonomy and responsibility
HOW DOES A FOLLOW‑UP COACHING WORK?
First step: a free "wellness assessment" session
First, you will meet our coach for a free one‑hour session, during which you will evaluate your well‑being in your life as a student and benefit from personalised advice on the services you could most benefit from. The UNIGE is full of resources for students; our coaches are here to help you identify the one that is relevant to your need(s).
Second step: follow‑up sessions
Then, you can continue (if you wish) the coaching with follow‑up sessions.
For a follow‑up:
- You get a maximum of 5 sessions
- Sessions last approximately 60 minutes
- Sessions are either in French or in English
- Appointments are made online, using your student address (click on the button at the bottom of the page)
- Sessions take place at:
Rue du Conseil-Général 10
In accordance with the regulations governing professional secrecy, the interviews offered by the psychological service are strictly confidential. No information is passed on without written authorisation from the student, except in cases of force majeure where a person’s life is in danger.